Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Concert Season Continues



Last Thursday we attended the 7th/8th grade concert and enjoyed Megan playing in the Chamber Orchestra.  She is 1 of only 3 6th grade violinists.  On Sunday Megan and I went into Boston with the St. John Youth Choir (same one that sang in the Snug Concert video below) and sang for the St. John Episcopal Church in Boston.   It is a beautiful gothic style church 1 block from the State House in Beacon Hill.(See picture)  Megan and 2 of the boys are in red choir robes because they also sing with the Jr. Choir at our church.    

 Our Jr. Choir sing almost every Sunday except in the summer and next Sunday Max sings a small solo in church with the choir.  Our concert maestro, Roy Kelley has broken his wrist so I will be providing the music on the piano for the hymns, choirs, prelude, and postlude.    I should of taken the organ more seriously when I had the opportunity to learn it.    The sound of the piano just doesn't fill the church like the organ.     
I'll try and post some video of these concerts before Christmas.
 
NOTE:  I've edited Oct. 29 entry and added a video from Max's last football game.   Its on the bottom of the entry.

No comments: