She recommends that we find joy in our lives every day.
One article I've read of hers lately has really touched a nerve in my daily life. I'm in the process of sorting through mementos. Since Mom has died I have enjoyed sorting through her things and finding little memories in many of them. Mom saved everything and "yes" too much, which has encouraged me to simplify my life. Mom had many mementos she couldn't part with during her lifetime. I find that my most precious moments are captured in the pictures, videos, letters, recipes, stories, and journals.
I believe that our life is like a puzzle that is planned by God. Moments in our lives are puzzle pieces that fit into the puzzle. Sometimes we can fit the pieces together and find a purpose or a picture into our life. Sometimes we can't really find a place and make sense of the piece. However, ultimately everything fits into place and we can see a plan. The picture is up to us, the moments are ours to experience, how they fit into the plan is up to God.
This blog is way of capturing special moments -- however, I need to make sure its archivable. Meanwhile, I'll keep sorting through the past and finding a way of sharing it with my family.
To find out more about Loretta LaRoche see: www.lorettalaroche.com. Also, see if your library has a copy of "The Best of Loretta LaRoche" on cd or audio. It will light up your life.



No comments:
Post a Comment